If you are looking for a unique professional development opportunity, consider applying for a position on the CollegeSource Client Advisory Board (CAB). We are seeking new members to serve a 2-year term. Applications accepted below through Friday, October 30.
About the CAB
As part of our commitment to customer success, CollegeSource formed a Client Advisory Board (CAB) to promote collaboration and build a stronger community.
The CAB serves as a liaison between the company and its base of users. CAB members represent the community by collecting feedback from users, organizing it, and relaying that information to the company. CAB members also represent the company to the users by sharing news, helping organize and energize the user base, and welcoming new community members. As CollegeSource strives to stay in tune with our customers, the CAB serves in an advisory capacity, providing critical input and commentary on company goals, policies, product development, and more.
Why join the CAB?
Here’s what the current members say they like about being on the CAB, the benefits/value gained, and what they’re looking forward to while serving.
- “I like having a voice. These are products we all use daily, and being permitted to have input into how they will take shape in the future is amazing. It is also a great opportunity to network and build relationships with others in the field.” –Chris Akers, Senior Degree Audit Encoder, Virginia Tech
- “Networking with staff from other schools, the ability to establish relationships with members of CollegeSource, and the ability to share my point of view. Oh, and the conferences are WONDERFUL!” –Christina Shell, University Registrar, Eastern Michigan University
- “It has pushed me out of my comfort zone and has given me the chance to talk with folks I don’t know. I have made some great friendships and great contacts while serving on the CAB. I now have people I can reach out to when I’m struggling to figure out something.” –Kim Diawara, Transfer Credit Manager, University of Colorado-Boulder
- “What I appreciate most is being able to talk to leaders at CollegeSource and feel like they hear and understand what we are doing and how the products help us be more efficient. I also appreciate the ability to influence the conference and make it an even greater tool for our professional development.” –Wil Perkins, Associate Registrar, Harding University
- “I am looking forward to more conference planning and especially to seeing the feedback from conference attendees when they see that we and the CollegeSource staff are truly listening to them and their desires for future conferences. I am looking forward to meeting more CollegeSource clients and building more relationships. I am looking forward to introducing new clients to the family. But I think what I’m MOST looking forward to is the 2021 CollegeSource Annual Conference where we get to celebrate 50 years of CollegeSource, and I get to do it as a CAB member.” –Kariann Hibbard, Sr Business Systems Analyst, University of Utah
Recent CAB work:
During our CollegeSource Virtual Conference, the CAB held a panel session called “Ask the CAB,” where users could submit questions ahead of time and during the session. Watch the recording below to see the CAB in action.
The CAB meets for one hour every month and during the CollegeSource Annual Conference held in June. Attendance and participation during meetings, whether virtually or in-person, is expected. Additionally, the CAB does community outreach, presents and suggests topics for webinars and conference sessions, and facilitates networking events.
How to Apply
If you are interested, click the link below to submit your application no later than Friday, October 30. If you have questions about the position, please feel free to contact Alanna Fenton-Esquinas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline: Friday, October 30, 2020