Product Updates – Transferology 1.9.4
Transferology 1.9.4 is scheduled for release on December 6th, 2022. This release will contain over 400 enhancements and improvements to Transferology and Transferology Lab. Over 90 of these are specifically aimed at ensuring product accessibility; this includes screen-reader and keyboard navigation meeting Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 international standards.
Read below to see what to expect in 1.9.4 and what we have planned to help you learn more about this new release.
- Students will have more choices about how to sign into Transferology. In addition to Facebook and Google, Microsoft log-in credentials will be supported. Students whose colleges use Office 365 or Exchange will be able to use these accounts to log into Transferology.
- When students create an account in Transferology using an institution’s Referral Link, that school will be automatically added to their Favorites.
- Students will be able to select between three visual themes for purposes of accessibility: Light, Dark, and High Contrast.
- Institutions will be able to create up to 5 one-word alias “tags” to help make their school more searchable. Tags can include abbreviations/nicknames (CSU) or even mascot names (BULLDOGS). On release day, schools will notice that CollegeSource has pre-filled one of these School Alias Tags with their college email domain. For example, if a college has an email domain of csu.edu, CollegeSource would create the tag “CSU.”
- Two new Statuses are being added to Category Mappings – Does Not Transfer and Hidden. When ACourses/IFlags are given the Status of Does Not Transfer, equivalencies that carry these fall into “Misses.” When Hidden, ACourses/IFlags cannot be added to a Requirement Category and will not appear in the Replacement Course alt course or iflg search.
- Improvements have been made to Course Bundle naming conventions within Recruit Students and Advise Students. When creating a bundle from coursework in the Student Profile, the Bundle Names will be auto-created using the student’s First Name, Last Name, and the Current Date. This allows institutions to easily match the Course Bundle with the student who is requesting assistance and/or course review.
- To support accessibility, institutions now have the option to add a Pathway using an external link. Institutions’ primary contacts will receive a weekly email notifying them of any broken Pathway links.
How to Learn More
Those are just some of the highlights of this upcoming release. Check out the below opportunity to dig deeper and learn more about 1.9.4.
Sign up for the free webinar below:
Transferology 1.9.4: Learn the Latest Product Updates
When: December 8, 2022, 1:00-2:00 pm EST
A more detailed explanation of new developments in 1.9.4 will be available on December 5th – one day before the planned release: