uAchieve Introduction to Encoding
This tutorial presents a high-level overview of encoding practices for anyone new to uAchieve and is applicable for all versions of uAchieve and DARwin. This course is a learn-at-your-own-pace reference and is accessible any time to anyone with a current license. This tutorial is free, requires no registration, and takes most people approximately 4-6 hours to complete. Login to uAchieve Support to get started.
Topics in the Introduction to Encoding Tutorial include:
- An introduction to the uAchieve/DARwin history and terminology
- The basics of encoding requirements and sub-requirements, cloning and date-ranging, creating academic programs, and testing your encoding
- Information about course definitions, pseudo courses, and course reuse within a program
- An introduction to condition codes and how they are created, tested, and assigned
- The hungry elective and its basic setup
- Total hour and summary requirements
For more in-depth training of encoders who will be using uAchieve®/DARwin daily, we strongly recommend the uAchieve Basic Encoding workshop that can be taken at our Cincinnati training facility or delivered by trainer at your campus. Another option for in-depth training without travel is our uAchieve Basics Online workshop.