Self-Paced uAchieve Basic Encoding Training
While our best practice recommendation is to join us at a workshop or bring one of our trainers to your campus, we know that isn’t always the ideal option for you. So we have created the Self-Paced uAchieve Basic Encoding Training, a month-long self-paced instructional program that you can participate in from the comfort of your office.
The Self-Paced uAchieve Basic Encoding Training is for the beginning encoder and is appropriate for ANY version of uAchieve or DARwin. It is also an appropriate pre-cursor to the uAchieve Intermediate Encoding Workshop.
This training provides the same content as our in-person uAchieve Basic Encoding Workshop—including hands-on exercises—delivered via web browser to your computer screen.
Specific lesson content includes:
- Building and testing degree programs
- Defining courses
- Allowing/Preventing course reuse
- Understanding the Grade Table
- Understanding uAchieve processing
- Reporting excess courses
- Interpreting credit ranges
- Encoding for student choice
- Adding course conditions
- Defining course relationships (equivalencies)
- Adding date ranges
- Accepting different catalog year work
- Handling student exceptions
- Adding supplemental information (e.g., additional majors, minors, etc.)
- Changing course IDs
- Computing total hours and enforcing residency
- Encoding for the web
Pricing and What’s Included
The Self-Paced uAchieve Basic Encoding Training is $699 and includes:
- A full month of learning (most people finish in an average of 20–25 hours).
- Self-paced instruction: work on the course when it’s convenient to you!
- Assistance from support staff.
How to Register
Within the Workshop Schedule, select an upcoming Self-Paced uAchieve Basic Encoding Training.